Titanium 540 needles pro derma roller with diamond shaped needles – 1 mm needle length
Scars – acne – crow’s feet – skin smoothing – rejuvenation – age spots – stria – stretch marks
Micro needling becomes increasingly popular as an easy to use and cost effective anti aging skin rejuvenating treatment. There is no magic or complicated new technology behind this method – just a natural healing response of your body to invisible mechanical micro injuries caused by tiny needles penetrating the epidermis. The Derma Roller can be used pretty much on any part of your body. Micro needling is sometimes called collagen induction therapy (CIT) and the derma rollers are referred as a CIT roller.
Advantage of 540 Titanum Roller Compared to Standard 192 Needle Roller
- The Roller with 540 needles has 2.5 times more needles than a standard roller (192 needles per head). Extra needles mean greater area of penetration in less time. 540 needles can generate 1,000 micro-channels per square cm in 10 minutes and substantially increase the effectiveness of the procedure.
- The needle thickness of 0.2mm is 25% thinner than needles of a standard roller with thickness of 0.25mm. This makes the procedure less painful with faster healing time.
- The newer shape of the titanium needles lessens pain or discomfort of the procedure compared to the standard Derma roller with round shaped needles.
- Titanium needles are 50% stronger and more durable than surgical steel needles of a standard roller. It can be reused for up to 6 months making it more cost effective treatment than many others.
Main Applications of a Derma Roller
The Skin Derma Roller is a user-friendly device, which naturally increases the levels of collagen and elastin in your skin and significantly improves blood circulation. Micro needling can help solve problems associated with: scars and stretch marks, hair loss, aging face, neck and hands, signs of cellulite, minimize enraged pores and help to overall improve your skin.
It is safe for people who can’t use electrical devices due to their health conditions and so simple that anyone should add it to his or her daily cosmetic regime.
Routine Cosmetics Application
Only up to 4% of active ingredients from topically applied skin care products penetrate into the skin, the rest of them are stuck on the surface and get wasted. The tiny fine needles create micro channels that allow skin treatments penetrate deeper into the dermis. There is no damage to the skin surface and it jump-starts the production of collagen and elastin initiating skin regeneration. The controlled mechanical trauma of the skin is clinically proven to be an excellent anti-ageing, anti-wrinkle and skin renewal treatment for any skin type and skin color. Used as a quick fix of your appearance after a long day, it will make your skin look fresh and glowing.
Other advantages of derma roller application: skin rejuvenation, improvement in skin elasticity, lightening of hyperpigmentation, reduction of pore size, evens the skin tone and skin texture, firming and thickening of the skin and adding glow to dull, lifeless skin.
Caution: Do not use Derma Roller on the eyelids or lips.
Micro Needling For Stretch Marks and Acne Scars – Until recently there were not many really helpful stretch mark or scar removal treatments out there, unless you are ready to go for expensive and unpredictable laser, microdermabrasion or chemical peel procedures. Micro needling gives the same, if not superior results with no downtime, bruising or swelling, and no foreign chemicals applied to your skin. It is the most effective and safe treatment available for home use.
The inefficiency of collagen is primarily responsible for such damages as stretch marks and scar tissue. Micro needling promotes formation of collagen and is proven to work for common types of scarring and stretch marks regardless of their size and age. Even though the complete removal of deep scars is unlikely, the improvements are quite obvious and permanent.
Derma Roller for Hair Loss and as Thinning Hair Treatment – Micro needling is also a promising treatment for hair loss, thinning hair and boldness. Used by itself the roller improves blood circulation resulting in strengthening of hair roots. Used in conjunction with hair restoration products (there are plenty of them out there, but it’s difficult to say which of them is more effective) the roller will increase the absorption of active ingredients.
Once a day apply the Derma Roller over the clean and dry scalp and roll in one direction (not back and forth). After you finish with the roller, one of your options would be: apply 5% Minoxidil (not more than 1ml) to balding areas and massage as directed. If you notice the scalp flaking gently rub the dead skin away with fine sea salt. Do not use more than 5 times per week.
Derma Roller for Cellulite – can be helpful on initial stages of cellulite only. Since cellulite deposits are located close to the skin surface, the increase in blood circulation and thickening of the skin can make it look slightly better, but can’t eliminate or lessen fat pockets. Be very careful using the roller with fat burning gels or creams. Even though this combination might be more beneficial, then the using the roller by itself, it can be very irritating for your skin. Test it on a small area before using it full force.
Derma Roller for Aging Hands, Neck and Chest – since the micro needling is known to thicken the skin, the treatment is extremely beneficial for thin and aging skin on hands and neck. Can be used with vitamins, moisturizing creams, gels or lotions.
Instructions for Use:
- Cleanse your face thoroughly and pat dry with a clean towel.
- Clean the head of the roller with alcohol; baby’s bottle sanitizing liquid (sold in pharmacies) or a sanitizing device
- Roll the device in up-down, left-right and in diagonal motions 4 to 8 times each treated area (it is useless and unnecessary to apply any creams or lotions prior to needling. Besides, it will help to avoid any allergic reaction or irritation possible due to increased intensity of the products that you apply)
- The Roller can be used with or without the topical numbing cream (it can be Lidocaine Gel, LMX 5 Anesthetic Cream or others). For more aggressive application with longer needles or if you have low tolerance for pain you may apply this cream first. The procedure is not too comfortable, but not painful, especially when your skin gets used to it after few initial treatments.
- The skin on your face is more sensitive to this procedure, than you body. It should not be any bleeding with either application.
- Temporary reddening of the skin for about an hour is possible. We recommend using sunblock after use and stop treatments 1 week prior to going on vacation with the long term sun exposure.
- After use, wash the treated area with cold water, dry the skin and only then apply moisturizer containing Vitamins A,C and E, peptides, beta-carotene or other active ingredients. For better results you can use a homemade or manufactured (no acids) mask after the treatment.
- Wash the roller after each use and let air-dry. When the needles are completely dry you can store it in a plastic container to avoid damage between uses.
- There is a small video tutorial on how to use a derma roller on the other page of our site.
The Frequency Of Derma Roller Treatments: once a week if the treatment is aggressive or 1.0mm needles are used. Up to 5 treatments per a week are allowed if the needles are not more then 0.5mm. Optimal regime is gentle use every other day (to avoid unnecessary trauma and achieve the same results). Only rollers with needle size 0.2-0.3mm can be used daily.
What Needle Sizes to Use:
- Needle size for skin rejuvenation, large pore size reduction and maintenance: 0.25 -0.5 mm
- Needle size for aging skin, wrinkle reduction and formation of new collagen – 0.5- 1.0mm,
- Needle size for thinning hair – 0.5mm, (depending on the thickness of your hair use 0.25 or 0.3mm needles for bold areas),
- Needle size for scar and stretch mark removal – 0.5-1.0mm, depending on the depth.
Since we all are different, some people might need more time to get used to the roller, then others. Watch the reaction of your skin and increase the number of treatment gradually. The treatments should be carried out for a 3-months period, with first results becoming obvious in a just few treatments.
As long as you follow hygiene precautions there are no negative side-effects and no complications whatsoever.
Professional Micro Needling in a medical office
Micro needling in a professional facility gives faster results, but in a long run they are just the same. 3-4 procedures are suggested for anti-aging and wrinkle removal with 6-8 weeks interval. The anesthetic creams are typically used since the procedure is much more intense and invasive than mild home treatments. The face only treatment takes about 30 min. Short downtime is required.
The cost of one micro needling procedure is in a range of $120-$200, usually the first session costs more, since you have to purchase your own dermaroller from the practitioner. You can now estimate the cost-effectiveness of a derma roller yourself!
The rollers are not fit to use on: acute infection or inflamed/irritated skin, active acne or herpes, rosacea or psoriasis, severe solar keratosis, raised moles and/or warts, and/or open wounds or sores. Do not use this product if you have a history of poor wound healing, blood problems, are pregnant or lactating, are prone to keloid scarring or have diabetes. Do not use if you are taking Aspirin, Nurofen, and other blood thinning drugs. Do not use on fresh, still pink and sensitive acne or other scars.
Consult a dermatologist before use if you are not sure about your skin conditions. Stop using immediately and consult a doctor if you notice any unusual skin reaction to the treatment. Keep the roller out of the reach of children! The device is for personal use – do not share with anyone.
IMPORTANT: only medical professionals should use the rollers with needle size 1.5mm and above. Improper sterilization, use and maintenance can lead to infection.